There are many different ways you can interact with our website/services: to search for information, to communicate with us or to download a document. When you share information with us, (ex. by completing our contact form), we can improve your experience in order to serve you more relevant content, communication and correspondence. As you engage our website and its functions, we want you to be clear on how we use data and the ways in which your privacy is protected. We try to keep the details as simple as possible, but if you are not familiar with terms like cookies, IP addresses and pixel images, you may want to do some research beforehand. Your privacy is important to us, so please take the time to get to know our practices.
We will not share, rent, lease or sell your personal information with anyone outside our internal organization and trusted channel members. We work hard to protect Dskate and its users from unauthorized access or unauthorized disclosure, alteration or destruction of information we hold.
- We encrypt all pages containing contact forms
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices to guard against unauthorized access to systems
- We restrict access to personal information to employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect two types of information; information you provide us and information we collect from website use and interactions. The former consists of personal information like first name or email address in order for us to communicate with you directly. The latter consists of device, location, browser, server and IP data to name a few.
HOW WE USE COLLECTED INFORMATION
Our servers are located in Canada and all information is processed on Canadian servers/networks.
INFORMATION WE SHARE
FOR LEGAL REASONS
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Dskate and its trusted partners if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Dskate, our users or the public as required or permitted by law
We work hard to ensure that all content published on our website is original, cited accordingly and/or legally licensed. Sometimes user-generated content will contain copyrighted material, and while we take several measures to filter this out, it’s possible that some content or media is not published in accordance with copyright rules and regulations. If you suspect copyrighted material has been improperly referenced or published without adequate licensing, we will implement our strict takedown policy and remove the content.
Please contact us at any time if you have questions, concerns or feedback.
LAST MODIFIED November 2015