Dskate Ambassadors Program
Dskate prides itself on providing our players and families with an unparalleled experience and the best care and support possible.
In order to achieve the leading standard of support for our #T1DHockey players, we aim to provide the young boys and girls of Dskate with age appropriate role models and mentors.
Bridging the gap between our on-site medical professionals and in a position to relate to the players, the Dskate Ambassadors are asked to embrace the opportunity to help guide the young boys and girls at Dskate through the highs and lows of gaining independence in managing their diabetes.
An extremely fulfilling experience, being a Dskate Ambassador allows young adults living with Type 1 diabetes the opportunity to give back and help their young T1D counterparts benefit from their experience, understanding and friendship.
- Male or Female
- Ages 17-25
- Living with Type 1 Diabetes (*or possesses a strong awareness and understanding of Type 1 Diabetes)
- Ability to participate in Week 1 (July 23-27, 2018) or Week 2 (August 13-17, 2018) Dskate Hockey Programs being held at the MasterCard Centre in Etobicoke, ON
*Volunteer and paid opportunities available
- Invaluable experience gained as a role model for up to 120 youths living with Type 1 Diabetes
- Volunteer hours
- Accommodations provided (*for non-local Ambassadors)
- Meals and snacks provided (during program hours)
- Inclusion in Dskate Family Events
- Opportunity to meet and interact with some of the leading professionals in the world of Type 1 Diabetes